Dear church members, dear interested people!
At the moment events are tumbling. Every day we receive new knowledge and precautions concerning the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). After thorough examination and consideration of the situation, we as a congregation follow the recommendations made by the Protestant Church in the Rhineland and the Evangelical Church District Obere Nahe. These are in detail:
- All church services, community events and confirmation classes are cancelled for the time being.
- The planned confirmations will be postponed until after the summer holidays.
- Baptisms that have already been agreed upon will not take place for the time being.
- Planned marriages could be endangered.
- For the time being, funeral ceremonies could only be held at the grave in the closest family circle of a maximum of 10 persons.
- For the time being, the community office remains closed to the public. We will be happy to take your requests by telephone at the known number.
In summary, one can say that church life has come to a complete standstill. Almost, but not completely. Because we are thinking about how we can be there for you under these difficult conditions and are looking for other forms of encounter and cooperation.
Our daily life is currently changing a lot. The search for other forms of contact, the wish of many people to live social interaction even in a changed situation, to remain connected to others in care and active concern, could strengthen us as one and mutual. Those who need the help of others and others who have the desire to give a sign to others through their active actions.
To remain turned towards one another, to embrace each other with other gestures in thought. This is what it is all about. To show and express forms of closeness in a different way: I think of you. I am turned towards you. When I go shopping, I can put a little more in the shopping trolley because I’m on the road anyway. You feel lonely. I’m calling you because I can’t visit you right now.
Your Protestant Parish Oberstein